- Amarante, Massimiliano
- Bellou, Andriana
- Bengui, Julien
- Bossert, Walter
- Cardia, Emanuela
- Carrasco, Marine
- Dizdar, Deniz
- Dudley, Léonard
- Ehlers, Lars
- Fontaine, Jean Sébastien
- Galindo da Fonseca, Joao Alfredo
- Garcia, René
- Gaudry, Marc
- Godefroy, Raphaël
- Hollander, Abraham J
- Horan, Sean
- Kaymak, Baris
- Klein, Nicolas
- Lewis, Joshua
- Marcoux, Mathieu
- Martens, André
- Mccausland, William J.
- Panousi, Vasia
- Perron, Benoit
- Poitevin, Michel
- Rauh, Christopher
- Schott, Immo
- Sprumont, Yves
- Stumpner, Sebastian
- Sublet, Guillaume
- Telephone 514-343-7532 Pav. PAV.M.CARON-L.GROULX-3200 J.B. \ Ext. C6026
Lars Ehlers joined the Université de Montréal in 2001. He earned his PhD in Economics at the University of Maastricht in 2001, after graduating in Mathematics from the University of Aachen, in 1997.
He is president of the Society for Economic Design and an elected member of the Council of the Game Theory Society and the Council of the Society for Social Choice and Welfare.
In the 2003 SSHRC Standard Research Grants competition, his research proposal was ranked first in Canada. In 2012, the Society for Social Choice and Welfare awarded him the 6th Social Choice and Welfare Prize. He is the organizer of the Microeconomic Theory Group at CIREQ.
At present, his research deals with the manipulation of matching mechanisms on labour markets, the assignment of indivisible objects (like school choice) and externalities in cooperative environments.
Areas of expertise
- " Top Trading with Fixed Tie-Breaking in Markets with Indivisible Goods ", Journal of Economic Theory 151, 2014, 64-87.
- " Budget-Balance, Fairness and Minimal Manipulability ", Theoretical Economics 9, 2014, 64-87 (with T. Andersson and L.-G. Svensson).
- " Strategy-Proofness makes the Difference: Deferred-Acceptance with Responsive Priorities ", Mathematics of Operations Research 39, 2014, 949-966 (with B. Klaus).
- " School Choice with Controlled Choice Constraints: Hard Bounds versus Soft Bounds ", Journal of Economic Theory 154, 2014, 648-683 (with I.E. Hafalir, M.B. Yenmez and M.A. Yilidrim).
- " Matching Markets under (In)complete Information ", Journal of Economic Theory 157, 2015, 295-317 (with J. Massó).
- " Object Allocation via Deferred-Acceptance: Strategy-Proofness and Comparative Statics ", Games and Economic Behavior 97, 2016, 128-146 (with B. Klaus).
- " Regulation via the Polluter-Pays Principle ", Economic Journal 126, 2016, 884-906 (with S. Ambec).
- " Transferring Ownership of Public Housing to Existing Tenants: A Market Design Approach ", Journal of Economic Theory 165, 2016, 643-671 (with T. Andersson and L.-G. Svensson).
- " School Choice with Control ", 2010.
- " Strategy-Proofness and Essentially Single-Valued Cores Revisited ", 2014.
- " Assigning Refugees to Landlords in Sweden: Efficient Stable Maximum Matchings ", 2017 (with T. Andersson).
- " Strategy-Proof Tie-Breaking in Matching with Priorities ", 2017 (with A. Westkamp).
- " (Il)legal Assignments in School Choice ", 2017 (with T. Morrill).
- " Externalities and the Nucleolus ", 2017 (with M. Álvarez-Munos).