The Université de Montréal is a French-language institution. This English website contains only the most frequently consulted pages from our French website. For more information
Are you fascinated by the economy? Do you follow the dollar's ups and downs? Are you concerned about globalization?
Our programs will help you better understand complex economic issues.
The Department of Economics offers the following programs:
- BA in Economics (Baccalauréat en sciences économiques)
- Major in Economics (Majeure en sciences économiques)
- Minor in Economics (Mineure en sciences économiques)
Our cross-disciplinary programs:
- BA in Economics and Political Science (Baccalauréat – Économie et politique)
- BA in Mathematics and Economics (Baccalauréat – Mathématiques et économie)
There are many different opportunities in the public sector, business services, finance and insurance:
- Economic analyst
- Market and sales analyst
- Financial manager
- Research officer
- Financial advisor (with additional training in finance)
As a consultant, an economist:
- Interprets statistical data and finds solutions to different economic forecasting, strategic planning, investment and marketing issues.
- Prepares in-depth studies on such important socioeconomic problems, such as youth unemployment and outsourcing of public services.
- Analyzes both the global economic context and the affairs of individual companies.