- Fall and winter admission
- Daytime classes
- Full-time and part-time
- 45 credits
Master of Mathematical and Computational Finance
The Master of Mathematical and Computational Finance program gives you a solid grounding in financial theory and mathematical, statistical and computing methods for applied work in finance.
The goal is to train experts able to apply quantitative financial tools to meet the requirements of:
- Financial institutions
- Pension funds
- Corporate financial departments
- State-owned corporations
The program is offered by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics (DMS) jointly with the Computer Science and Operational Research Department (DIRO) and the Department of Economics .
Questions about this program?
Manuel Morales, Associate Professor: 514 343-6697
- About this program
- Financial support
- Find a thesis supervisor
- International (in French)
- Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying mathematical and computational finance at the UdeM!
- The opportunity to do a business internship or supervised project under the tutelage of a professor or researcher.
- The program draws on the Department's strengths in stochastic and numerical methods applied to financial markets.
- UdeM is among the top 100 universities in the world in operations research (QS), economics (US News and Shanghai Rankings), mathematics (QS), computer science (NTU), as well as accounting and finance (QS).
- Thorough grounding in financial instruments and risk management tools suited to new market realities.
- Scholarships for master's students.
- A department recognized internationally for its research: one of the top francophone departments in the world, and the leading francophone department in Canada.
- Valuable links with 2 research centres: