- Amarante, Massimiliano
- Bellou, Andriana
- Bengui, Julien
- Bossert, Walter
- Cardia, Emanuela
- Carrasco, Marine
- Dizdar, Deniz
- Dudley, Léonard
- Ehlers, Lars
- Garcia, René
- Godefroy, Raphaël
- Hollander, Abraham J
- Horan, Sean
- Kaymak, Baris
- Klein, Nicolas
- Lewis, Joshua
- Marcoux, Mathieu
- Martens, André
- Mccausland, William J.
- Panousi, Vasia
- Perron, Benoit
- Poitevin, Michel
- Rauh, Christopher Raphael
- Schott, Immo
- Sprumont, Yves
- Stumpner, Sebastian
- Telephone 514-343-7532 Pav. PAV.M.CARON-L.GROULX-3200 J.B. \ Ext. C6026
Lars Ehlers joined the Université de Montréal in 2001. He earned his PhD in Economics at the University of Maastricht in 2001, after graduating in Mathematics from the University of Aachen, in 1997.
He is an elected member of the Council of the Society for Social Choice and Welfare and a member of the Board of the Society for Economic Design.
In the 2003 SSHRC Standard Research Grants competition, his research proposal was ranked first in Canada. In 2012, the Society for Social Choice and Welfare awarded him the 6th Social Choice and Welfare Prize. He is the organizer of the Microeconomic Theory Group at CIREQ.
At present, his research deals with the manipulation of matching mechanisms on labour markets, the assignment of indivisible objects and externalities in cooperative environments.
Areas of expertise
- " Regulation via the Polluter-Pays Principle ", Economic Journal, forthcoming (with S. Ambec).
- " Strategy-Proofness makes the Difference: Deferred-Acceptance with Responsive Priorities ", Mathematics of Operations Research 39, 2014, 949-966 (with B. Klaus).
- " School Choice with Controlled Choice Constraints: Hard Bounds versus Soft Bounds ", Journal of Economic Theory 154, 2014, 648-683 (with I.E. Hafalir, M.B. Yenmez and M.A. Yilidrim).
- " Budget-Balance, Fairness and Minimal Manipulability ", Theoretical Economics 9, 2014, 64-87 (with T. Andersson and L.-G. Svensson).
- " Top Trading with Fixed Tie-Breaking in Markets with Indivisble Goods ", Journal of Economic Theory 151, 2014, 64-87.
- " Respecting Priorities when assigning Students to Schools ", 2006.
- " School Choice with Control ", 2010
- " Transferring Ownership of Public Housing to Existing Tenants: A Mechanism Design Approach ", 2014 (with T. Andersson and L.-G. Svensson).
- " Strategy-Proofness and Essentially Single-Valued Cores Revisited ", 2014.